Thursday, December 9, 2010

Laura's update

Hello, this is Laura.
I thought I would give an update on what I have been up to since the last climb.
Since Everest, I have had lots of things going on in my life, but mostly school.
This past spring, I graduated from the University of Western Ontario and now I am a Registered Nurse. I took a position in the "new grad initiative" that the government offers for new RN graduates at a hospital up north for six months. There I have had the opportunity to work with some great nurses and doctors and develop some new skills while working with other nurses. I was very lucky to be offered a full time position at this hospital starting in February. My plan to climb Mt. Vinson worked out perfectly since I just finished the "new grad" at the end of November and now have two months off to climb and do a bit of travelling. :)
So follow along with the Blog as we journey to another continent and reach for the stars.
Laura

No comments: