Thursday, April 3, 2008

My hike begins

Highlights of the first 2 days. Weather has been beautiful but very windy and lots of dust. Competition on the trails with the jobyaks,(? spelling ) cross between a yak and a cow that is used for packing goods in at lower altitudes below Namche, and other hikers. First day was a gentle downhill to a quaint teahouse. Second day was a really difficult hike where we crossed a huge river on swing bridges 4 times and hiked uphill for what it seemed like forever. Namche Bazaar is a neat little town with most amenities. After tomorrow it will be difficult to communicate.
Barbara

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi again, I bet the concept of an amenity changes relative to your place and time. Stay safe and enjoy! Hope to hear more when you can. SOMClimbEveryMountainNJM
Do you receive emails?

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara
Best of luck on your journey
we will be thinking of you and your family.

Becky said...

I just wanted to thank you for trying to keep this blog up. I look forward to following your journey. I love that your entire family to doing something so specataculr and challenging together, and I admire your courage. I'm not even a mountain climber, in fact, I just saw the Rocky mountains for the first time a few months ago. I'm just a young woman in New York City who is loving letting my adventuous side live vicariously though your family. I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate it and how your climb is affecting people you never even knew existed, like myself.

Best of luck.
Always,
Becky from NYC

Anonymous said...

did the other family members make it over yet?
good luck

Anonymous said...

HI all,
congrats on getting this far ! I had a dentist appointment with Rob Danielli today and heard that things were going well.
tell " captainknowitall"...(laura) that "Einstein" says hi and wishes her the best of luck... come home safe.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck to ALL and a safe journey