Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day from Base Camp

Adam wished me a Happy Mother's Day from base camp. He was quite ill at camp 1 with diarrhea and acid reflux. He couldn't eat anything and had to hike down to base camp which took him 10 hours - arriving in the dark. He did not mention a headache so I do not think he had AMS. He is on medication, feeling better and hoping to hike back up either tomorrow or the next day.
Dan, Alan & Laura are well, at camp 2 now and heading up to camp 3 to spend the night tomorrow - weather permitting. They had about 4 inches of snow last night.
I am pleased that they are looking after each other, not taking any chances and making sensible decisions.
I told Adam that they need to check in with either Susanne or myself on a regular basis now that the Chinese have summited. Hopefully, they do that.

No comments: